Clerk Sent to Police Custody for Embezzling Rajasthan Govt Funds Worth 35 Crore
Om Prakash Sharma posted at the office of a Chief Block Education Officer allegedly transferred Rs 35 cr to the bank accounts of his relatives and friends by showing 172 'fake' retired employees on government record and claiming their funds of earned leaves,
Bikaner: A court in Rajasthan's Sri Ganganagar district on Sunday sent a clerk to police remand till August 8 for allegedly misappropriating Rs 35 crore from the state education department fund, officials said.
The accused, Om Prakash Sharma, was posted on a deputation basis at the office of a Chief Block Education Officer in Sri Ganganagar. He surrendered before the court on Sunday, after being on the run for the past several days, an official said.
Sharma allegedly transferred Rs 35 crore to the bank accounts of his relatives and friends by showing 172 "fake" retired employees on government record and claiming their funds of earned leaves, Purani Abadi police station incharge Digpal Singh said.
After Sharma surrendered, the court sent him to police remand till August 8, Singh said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Don't Mess with Aunty National': Smriti Irani Wins Trump Meme Battle with Epic Response
- Woman Tweets to UP Police to Save Her from Eve-Teasers on Bus, Cops' Swift Response Wins Intenet
- Coronavirus And Superspreaders: Humans Can Carry And Transmit COVID-19 Without Symptoms
- Netflix is Now Listing Top 10 Most Viewed Movies And TV Shows in India
- Poco X2 Going on Sale Today India: Price, Offers, Specs and More