Close Shave for Crew as Helicopter Ferrying Relief Material to Flood-hit Uttarkashi Crash-lands
The copter, belonged to Aryan aviation, was on its way back after transporting relief material in Tikochi village in disaster-hit Uttarkashi.
helicopter indulged in flood-relief crashlands in Uttarakhand
Dehradun: Crew of a private aviation company had a close shave on Friday noon after the helicopter they were flying in the disaster-hit Uttarkashi district had a crash-landing, official said.
Uttarkashi district magistrate of Ashish Chauhan said both the crew members on-board are safe.
The copter, belonged to Aryan aviation, was on its way back after transporting relief material in Tikochi village in disaster-hit Uttarkashi. The chopper hit the big rocks on ground after the pilot lost control, said eyewitnesses. “Luckily it did not catch fire,” they said.
On Wednesday, another helicopter owned by a private aviation company – Heritage aviation — crashed after its router entangled with the wires of a ropeway killing three crew membersincluding pilot, co-pilot and a helper.
Uttarkashi witnessed a massive disaster recently after flash floods killed 18 people in the region. 51 villages hit by the natural disaster following which the state government has pressed private copters in the relief works.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Investors and Stock Holders are Celebrating Corporate Tax Cut News, With Memes
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough