Coast Guard Apprehends Myanmarese Boat in Andaman
The Indian Coast Guard intercepted a suspicious Myanmarese boat along with 11 crew members on Monday in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The seized Myanmarese Boat (top), suspected foreign poacher apprehended by Coast Guard officials (left below) and file photo Narcondum Island in Andaman (right below)/Courtesy Coast Guard and Wikipedia.
New Delhi: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) intercepted a suspicious Myanmarese boat along with 11 crew members in a late night operation on Monday near the Narcondum Island in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The Coast Guard ships were on a routine patrol when they sighted the boat and intercepted it. The suspected poachers were handed over to the local police.
When asked to stop, the Myanmarese boat reportedly did not respond and tried to flee. The Coast Guard ships fired warning shots and seized the boat after two hours of chase.
Recommended For You
- Arjun Rampal and Gabriella Demetriades Blessed with a Baby Boy, Wishes Pour In
- Mission Mangal Trailer Has Akshay Kumar Leading a Team of Talented Scientists
- Erica Farnandes-Parth Samthaan's Kasautii Zindagii Kay Gets a New Villain in Alka Amin
- Bizarre: 4-Year-Old Australian Boy Claims to be Reincarnation of Princess Diana
- Netflix Set to Roll Out a More Affordable Subscription Plan For India; Could be Priced Around Rs 300