Coast Guard Apprehends Myanmarese Boat in Andaman
The Indian Coast Guard intercepted a suspicious Myanmarese boat along with 11 crew members on Monday in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The seized Myanmarese Boat (top), suspected foreign poacher apprehended by Coast Guard officials (left below) and file photo Narcondum Island in Andaman (right below)/Courtesy Coast Guard and Wikipedia.
New Delhi: The Indian Coast Guard (ICG) intercepted a suspicious Myanmarese boat along with 11 crew members in a late night operation on Monday near the Narcondum Island in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The Coast Guard ships were on a routine patrol when they sighted the boat and intercepted it. The suspected poachers were handed over to the local police.
When asked to stop, the Myanmarese boat reportedly did not respond and tried to flee. The Coast Guard ships fired warning shots and seized the boat after two hours of chase.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Former Mumbai Cricketer Robin Morris Arrested Over Alleged Kidnapping: Report
- Ramya Krishnan Looks Convincing as Jayalalithaa in Web Series Queen, See Poster
- Reliance Jio vs Airtel vs Vodafone Idea: All The New Prepaid Plans Compared
- Major WhatsApp Dark Mode Update: Does Your Phone Run Android 9 or Older OS?
- Reliance Jio New All In One Plans Are Priced Rs 129 Onwards: All The Details