Coast Guard Comes to the Rescue of Stricken Ship off Lankan Coast
The Sri Lankan government requested the assistance of the Indian Coast Guard following a fire onboard a container carrier MV MAC Daniella close the country’s coast.
New Delhi: The Sri Lankan government requested the assistance of the Indian Coast Guard following a fire onboard a container carrier MV MAC Daniella close the country’s coast.
The merchant ship was on passage from Singapore to Suez Canal when a fire broke out about 32 nautical miles west of Colombo.
ICGS Shoor, which was on a friendly visit to Sri Lanka, sailed out to assist the stricken ship. The ship has been in the area since 11 PM on Tuesday and engaged in firefighting onboard the Daniella.
The fire was finally put out by 1:45 AM on Wednesday with the assistance the ICGS Shoor.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni the Reason CSK Win Close Matches: Deepak Chahar
- Rana Daggubati Is All Praises For Keerthy Suresh, Dulquer Salmaan For Their Upcoming Film; See Post
- Prince William Spends Some Time With Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 at Heads of Commonwealth Meeting 2018
- Despite Being An Avenger, Tom Holland Doesn't Look 'Old Enough' To Buy Beer
- Napoli Stun Juventus With Late Koulibaly Header