CoBRA Commando Killed, Another Injured in Naxal Encounter in Chhattisgarh
The encounter between the CRPF's elite anti-Naxal combat unit and the Maoists took place around 4pm in a forest near Palodi village under Kistaram police station limits, IGP (Bastar range) Sundarraj P said.
Raipur: A CRPF commando was killed while another injured in a gunbattle with Maoists in Sukma district of Chhattisgarh on Tuesday, officials said.
The encounter between the CRPF's elite anti-Naxal combat unit and the Maoists took place around 4pm in a forest near Palodi village under Kistaram police station limits, Inspector General of Police (Bastar range) Sundarraj P said.
CoBRA commando constable Kanai Majee succumbed to the bullet injuries while he was being evacuated by a helicopter to state capital Raipur, a senior official said.
The other jawan has been evacuated, he said. Both the commandos were from 208th battalion of the CoBRA.
The Commando Battalion for Resolute Action (COBRA) is a special jungle warfare unit of the CRPF deployed for anti-Maoist operations in Chhattisgarh.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Tennis Fraternity Responds to Roger Federer's Challenge, Andy Murray Increases Difficulty Level
- Hina Khan is Proud of Her First Ever 'Phooli Hui Poori' But Fans Think it is a Bhatura
- Netizens Are Turning Pillows into Pretty Dresses for the #QuarantinePillowChallenge
- More Trouble For Earth: A Massive Hole Has Opened up in The Ozone Layer Above The Arctic
- Wimbledon Organisers to Get Over 100 Million Euros From Insurance: Reports