College Student Attacked with Acid for Rejecting Marriage Proposal in Assam
Another woman who was with the victim at the time of the acid attack informed the police that the accused came in a car and tried to drag the victim in it when she was returning from college. When she resisted, he threw acid on her.
Image for representation only.
Lakhimpur: A woman was attacked with acid by a man in upper Assam's Lakhimpur district on Monday after she rejected his marriage proposal, police said.
The woman, a first-year college student, was hospitalised with burn injuries on the left side of her face, chest and right arm.
Another woman who was with the student at the time of the acid attack informed the police that the accused, along with an accomplice, came in a car and tried to drag the victim in it when she was returning from college at
Pathalipahar area. When she resisted, he threw acid on her.
The accused, a resident of nearby Borbali village, was arrested, police said.
The victim and her family members alleged that the accused threw acid "to take revenge " on her and her family for rejecting his marriage proposal.
Police said the victim was first taken to North Lakhimpur hospital from where she was referred to Gauhati Medical College and Hospital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Shares Throwback Picture on His 21st Wedding Anniversary with Maheep
- Ramya Krishnan on Comparisons Between Queen and Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Our Show will Release First
- Remember the Viral Hindu-Muslim Same-Sex Couple? Here's How They Fought 'TikTok's Homophobia'
- Walmart Apologises for Putting up Christmas Sweaters Featuring Santa Doing Cocaine
- Sania Mirza's Sister Anam Feels Grateful, Shares Snaps of Her Bridal Shower on Social Media