Commission Probing Solar Scam Submits Report, CM Vijayan Says Will Examine it
Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said that he has received the document and will share the details only after examining it.
File photo of Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan. (Getty Images)
Thiruvananthapuram: The commission headed by Justice G Sivarajan on Tuesday submitted its report in the multi-crore scam, a day before the deadline. Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan has said that he has received the document and will share the details only after examining it.
The former United Democratic Fund (UDF) government, led by Chief Minister Oommen Chandy was rocked by allegations when in 2013, a solar energy company, Team Solar, was accused of collecting large amounts of money in advance by offering people to make them business partners or install alternative sources of energy.
The company then failed to deliver the goods and three officials from CM Oommen Chandy's office were alleged to have made phone calls to one of the two prime accused, Saritha S Nair.
The other main accused, Biju Radhakrishnan is in jail after admitting to murdering his wife by giving her poisoned liquor.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Kolkata Sweet Shop is Giving out Bizarre 'Corona Sandesh' for Free to Spread Awareness
- Russians in Isolation are Recreating Iconic Paintings with Hilarious Twists
- 'Bhai Ne Biotechnology Padha Hai': Kartik Aaryan Dreams of Getting Coronavirus Vaccine
- Is Hydroxychloroquine The Treatment For Coronavirus? Global Scramble For Tablets Suggests so
- Kaka Chooses Lionel Messi Over Cristiano Ronaldo, Calls Argentine 'Genius, Pure Talent'