Congress Demands One Rank, One Pension for Paramilitary Forces
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Adhir Chowdhury, the leader of the Congress in Lok Sabha, said paramilitary forces, which were working for 16-20 hours, were deprived of their legitimate dues.
New Delhi: The Congress said on Wednesday the one rank, one pension scheme should also be provided to the paramilitary forces as they too sacrifice their lives for the country.
Raising the issue during Zero Hour, Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury, the leader of the Congress in Lok Sabha, said paramilitary forces, which were working for 16-20 hours, were deprived of their legitimate dues.
"One rank, one pension should be introduced to them.... They are also sacrificing their lives for the country," Chowdhury said.
One Rank, One Pension (OROP) scheme for former servicemen was earlier implemented by the BJP government.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'It's Okay To Be a Virgin': Lilly Singh Just Took Down Society's Obsession With Hymens
- Kartik Aaryan Gifts Mother Swanky Mini Cooper Car Ahead of Love Aaj Kal Release, See Pics
- Watch Video: Virat Kohli Spotted Driving His New Audi Q8 SUV For the First Time
- Shah Rukh Khan is a Proud Daddy as Son AbRam Wins Silver and Bronze Medals at the Races
- Runners And Fitness Junkies Take Note! The Best Marathon Gear You Must Buy, Right Now