Congress Worker Killed by Cop's Son in Kanpur over Monetary Dispute
The incident took place in Greater Kailash Nagar under Chakeri police station limits, a senior police officer said.
Kanpur (UP): A Congress worker was shot dead on Wednesday by the son of a policeman in Uttar Pradesh's Kanpur district, an official said.
The incident took place in Greater Kailash Nagar under Chakeri police station limits, Station House Officer (SHO) Ranjeet Rai said.
The accused, Ravi Yadav, had kidnapped contractor Randheer Singh Yadav over a monetary dispute and had kept him in his house, the SHO said.
He said Randheer's son called his friends, including Congress city secretary Shoeb Khan, to secure the release of his father.
When Khan and others reached Ravi's house, he took out his licensed rifle and started firing at them, the SHO said.
In the firing, Khan, a resident of JK Colony in Jajmau of Chakeri area, sustained bullet injuries and was rushed to nearby Saral hospital where he was declared dead, the officer said.
Kanpur's ADG, Prem Prakash, has formed several teams to nab Ravi, whose father, Yashwant Yadav, is a police personnel posted in Unnao, the SHO said.
The rifle used in the crime has been recovered, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Android 10 Update Roll-Out Resumes For OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro
- Creating New Cop Image for Salman Khan's Eid 2020 Film a Challenge, Says Prabhudheva
- Video of Pune Electric Bus Getting Charged Through a Diesel Generator Surfaces, Twitter Has a Field Day