Constable Dismissed from Service in Punjab for Consuming Drugs
Jalandhar Police Commissioner Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said such immoral conduct by personnel of the force was unwarranted due to which very severe action has been taken.
Jalandhar: A police constable has been dismissed from service on the charge of consuming drugs and exemplary action recommended against a home guard for giving the constable company, police said on Saturday.
According to an official release, the constable Amarjot was posted in Basti Bawa Khel Police Station while Nirmal Singh the home guard employee was posted in Police Division Number 2.
Jalandhar Police Commissioner Gurpreet Singh Bhullar said acting on tip-off, a team from Basti Bawa Khel Police station raided a house in Basti Mithu and found Amarjot and Singh consuming drugs.
The police commissioner said such immoral conduct by personnel of the force was unwarranted and undesirable due to which very severe action has been taken against them.
Both the constable and and the home guard have been booked under relevant sections of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act, Bhullar said, adding zero-tolerance policy was being adopted by the force against this act.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- NASA Records 'Hottest Temperature' in Antarctica, Shows Shocking Images of Melting Snow
- Twitter Comes Crashing Down as Photo of 'Great Wall of Ahmedabad' Built to Welcome Trump Goes Viral
- Watch: Elderly Pune Woman Stands on Pavement and Scolds Bikers Riding on the Footpath
- Salaam, a Video Game Based on a Refugee's Life, Wants You to See Their Harsh Realities
- Has Donald Trump Become 'LGBTQ Hero' Just Before His Visit to India?