Cop in Bikaner Terminated From Service for Assisting Murder Accused
The accused constable had allegedly provided Bhadu a vehicle, mobile phones and other facilities after Bhadu murdered a man in Sriganganagar
Image for representation. (Reuters)
Bikaner: A police constable was terminated from service for allegedly assisting and providing shelter to a murder accused, officials said on Saturday.
The accused constable, Praveen, was involved in several criminal acts and provided shelter to notorious criminal and murder accused Ankit Bhadu last year, they said.
Praveen had allegedly provided Bhadu a vehicle, mobile phones and other facilities after Bhadu murdered a man in Sriganganagar, they said.
"The constable has been terminated from service after approval from the police headquarters," Bikaner senior police official Pradeep Mohan Sharma said.
Bhadu was killed in a police encounter in Punjab in February this year.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Devoleena Bhattacharjee Slaps Shehnaaz Gill During A Task
- PUBG Mobile: Payload Mode Lands Today, Here’s Everything You Need to Know
- In Pics: Malaika Arora Rings in Her 46th Birthday with Arjun Kapoor, Akshay Kumar, Kareena Kapoor
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 23 Written Updates: Sidharth Goes Violent in Task, Devoleena Slaps Shehnaz
- PUBG Mobile: Erangel 2.0 Arriving in December, Glass Windows and New Items Leaked