Naxals Kill Cop in Front of His Family at Bijapur Market in Chhattisgarh
The naxals did not harm the family members of the cop who was posted at Mirtur police station, he said.
Representative Image (Courtesy: Getty Images)
Bijapur: A policeman was killed by Naxals at a weekly market in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Sunday, a police official said.
The incident took place around 2 pm when assistant constable Chaitu Kadti went to the market in Mirtur village along with his family members, he said.
A 'small action team' of Naxals (typically comprising four to five cadres) suddenly stabbed Kadti with knives, killing him on the spot, and fled, the official said.
The rebels did not harm the family members of Kadti, who was posted at Mirtur police station, he said.
On getting information about the incident, a police team rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem, the official said.
A search was underway to nab the assailants, he added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- From Slam Poets to 'Eco-Feminists', BBC's 100 Most Influential Women 2019 List Has 7 Indians
- Bajaj Chetak Electric Scooter Unveiled: Here's All You Need to Know
- Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2C at Rs 6499 Lands Ahead of Peak Pollution Season
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More