Naxals Kill Cop in Front of His Family at Bijapur Market in Chhattisgarh
The naxals did not harm the family members of the cop who was posted at Mirtur police station, he said.
Representative Image (Courtesy: Getty Images)
Bijapur: A policeman was killed by Naxals at a weekly market in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur district on Sunday, a police official said.
The incident took place around 2 pm when assistant constable Chaitu Kadti went to the market in Mirtur village along with his family members, he said.
A 'small action team' of Naxals (typically comprising four to five cadres) suddenly stabbed Kadti with knives, killing him on the spot, and fled, the official said.
The rebels did not harm the family members of Kadti, who was posted at Mirtur police station, he said.
On getting information about the incident, a police team rushed to the spot and sent the body for postmortem, the official said.
A search was underway to nab the assailants, he added.
Recommended For You
- Prabhas Expresses Happiness on Chandrayaan-2 Launch, Talks About 'Baahubali' Connection
- FaceApp-like Technology Helps Chinese Police Reunite Man Kidnapped 18 Years Ago with Family
- Umpire Kumar Dharmasena Admits 'Error' in Awarding England Six Runs in World Cup Final
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 vs Realme X: Battle for the Value Champion Heats up
- Xiaomi Redmi K20, K20 Pro go on Sale Today: Price, Launch Offers and More