Coronavirus: Centre Overrules Kejriwal on Ban on Domestic Flights in and Out of Delhi
Domestic flights to and from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi will continue to operate and the airport will remain functional, the DGCA said.
A file photo of the IGI airport in Delhi. (PTI)
New Delhi: Minutes after Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal announced that no domestic or international flight will operate from the Delhi airport from Monday till March 31, a senior official of aviation regulator DGCA clarified that domestic flights will be operating as usual at the airport.
The Ministry of Civil Aviation also said there would be no ban on domestic flights. The Centre had announced three days ago that no international flight will be landing on the Indian soil from Sunday onward for a period of one week.
"Domestic flights to and from the Indira Gandhi International Airport in Delhi will continue to operate and the airport will remain functional," the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) official said.
At a press conference on Sunday evening, Kejriwal told reporters that no domestic or international flight would be allowed to arrive at the Delhi airport from March 23 to March 31.
In an order, the Delhi government subsequently reiterated the same. However, with the DGCA stating that domestic flights will continue to operate at the Delhi airport, the confusion was cleared.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Ahan Shetty Plans the Cutest Surprise for Girlfriend Tania Shroff on Her Birthday
- Lionel Messi Announces FC Barcelona Players Taking 70 Per Cent Cut on Salaries Amid Coronavirus
- PM CARES Relief Fund: Here is How You Can Contribute to Combat The COVID Pandemic
- TRAI to Telcos: Extend Prepaid Validity So Users Get Uninterrupted Services Amid Virus Lockdown
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How