China Changes Method of Counting Cases Again | China said it has again changed the method of counting patients with the novel coronavirus and will now include only those diagnosed by sophisticated laboratory testing. It is the second time in just eight days that the country has revised its criteria -- a move that could muddle statistics and complicate efforts to track the spread of the illness.
- China Changes Method of Counting Cases Again
- 29 Foreign National Infected in China
- ITBP Staffers Honored
- Air India Extends Suspension of Flights
- 12 More Cases on Japan Ship
- In Touch with Japanese Authorities: MEA
- No Travel Ban to, from China: MEA
- 2 From Japan Cruise Ship Die
- Indian Infected on Virus-Japan Ship
- First Death in South Korea Due to Virus
- 3 More Patients Test Positive in Iran
- Coronavirus May Drag World GDP by 1%
- Fugitive Malaysian Financier Spotted in Wuhan
- China Says Conspiracy Theories Hurting Efforts
- Third Kerala Patient Discharged
- Life in an Epidemic: Daily Activities From China
- China SMEs May Fire 30% Employees
- Coronavirus May Become New Flu
Buses believed to carry the US passengers of the cruise ship Diamond Princess leave at Daikoku Pier Cruise Terminal in Yokohama, south of Tokyo, Japan. (Reuters)
South Korea reported the first death in the country of a person infected with coronavirus and 22 new cases bringing the total to 104.
In Japan, more than 620 of the passengers on the Diamond Princess liner have been infected on the ship, which has been quarantined since February 3, initially with about 3,700 people on board.
NHK, citing a government source, said the passengers were a man and woman in their 80s.
Meanwhile, two people have died in Iran after testing positive on Wednesday for the new coronavirus, the health ministry said, in the Islamic republic's first cases of the disease.
According to YJC news agency, a branch of state television, the pair who died were Iranian citizens and residents of the holy city of Qom.
They are also the first deaths from the COVID-19 virus in the Middle East and only the seventh and eighth outside China, where the outbreak has killed more than 2,000 people.
State news agency IRNA quoted Kianoush Jahanpour, a ministry spokesman, as saying the virus was detected in two elderly people with immunity problems in Qom, south of the Iranian capital.
"Following the recent cases of chronic respiratory diseases in Qom, two of the patients tested positive in preliminary tests," it quoted him as saying.
"Unfortunately both passed away in the intensive care unit due to old age and issues with their immune system."
13 Mar, 2020 | Chappell-Hadlee Trophy AUS vs NZ 258/750.0 overs 187/1041.0 oversAustralia beat New Zealand by 71 runs
11 Mar, 2020 | Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series ZIM vs BAN 119/720.0 overs 120/115.5 oversBangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 9 wickets
10 Mar, 2020 | Afghanistan and Ireland in India IRE vs AFG 142/820.0 overs 142/720.0 oversIreland tied with Afghanistan (Ireland win Super Over by 1 wicket)
09 Mar, 2020 | Zimbabwe in Bangladesh 2 T20I Series BAN vs ZIM 200/320.0 overs 152/1019.0 oversBangladesh beat Zimbabwe by 48 runs
08 Mar, 2020 | Afghanistan and Ireland in India AFG vs IRE 184/420.0 overs 163/620.0 oversAfghanistan beat Ireland by 21 runs