Railways Suspends Concessional Tickets, Except for Patients, Students & Divyangs, from Tomorrow
The national transporter said the move was to prevent the vulnerable category of senior citizens from undertaking unnecessary travels because of the coronavirus outbreak.
New Delhi: The Indian Railways decided on Thursday to suspend all concessional tickets except for patients, students and those in the Divyangjan category from the midnight of March 20 till further notice to discourage unnecessary travel in view of the coronavirus outbreak.
The national transporter said the move was to prevent the vulnerable category of senior citizens from undertaking unnecessary travels.
"Concessional booking of all tickets except for patients, students and the Divyangjan category for the unreserved and reserved segments is being suspended form 00:00 hrs of 20th March till further advisory," an order from the railways said. Of the 53 categories of concessions, only 15 could be availed now, it added.
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Deepika Padukone Defends Sharing Workout Videos Amid Pandemic, Says 'It Keeps Ranveer & Me Going'
- Dabboo Ratnani Shares Throwback Pic with Kiara Advani, Netizens Can’t Keep Calm
- Coronavirus: What Are Ventilators And Why Are They Critical For Some Patients?
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How
- Indians, WhatsApp is Limiting Status to 15 Seconds Because Videos Are Slowing The Internet