Country’s Economy Cannot be Run Without Taking People From Every Religion, Says Rahul Gandhi
Congress leader Rahul Gandhi said people from every religion, tribals, dalits and backward classes must together for the effective functioning of the economy.
File photo of Rahul Gandhi.
Raipur: Hitting out at the Centre over "sagging" economy, Congress leader Rahul Gandhi on Friday said the country cannot be run without involving every section of the society.
He was speaking at the inaugural function of Nationak Tribal Dance Festival, 2019 at the Science College ground here.
"You know the condition of the country. What is happening in other states," he said, apparently referring to protests over the new citizenship law and NRC.
"You all know the problem of farmers' suicides, deteriorating condition of the economy and unemployment," he said.
"I would like to say that without taking people from every religion, every caste, tribals, dalits and backward (classes) together, the economy of the country cannot be run," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Christian Eriksen Seals Transfer to Inter Milan as Tottenham Hotspur Sign Giovani Lo Celso on Permanent Deal
- On Data Privacy Day, Know How Facial Recognition in India is Only Going to Get Worse
- Rishi Kapoor Shares 'Priceless' Childhood Picture of Lata Mangeshkar Holding Him in Her Arms
- Journey to the Sun: New NASA-ESA Mission to Peek at Sun's Poles for the First Time
- AI That Studied Photos Say Women May Look Up to 3 Years Younger With Nose Surgery