Couple, 2 Kids Killed After Truck Topples in Maharashtra's Beed
A police official said that the speeding sugar-laden truck was trying to overtake other vehicles at high speed and lost balance and toppled, resulting in the four persons getting crushed.
(Representative image: PTI)
Mumbai: A couple and their two children travelling on a motorcycle were killed after a speeding sugar-laden truck toppled on them in Maharashtra's Beed district, police said on Friday.
The mishap took place on Majalgaon- Parbhani highway on Thursday afternoon, an official said.
"The truck was trying to overtake other vehicles at high speed and lost balance and toppled, resulting in the four persons getting crushed by the falling sugar sacks," the official explained.
He identified the four as Dayanand Solnakhe (42), his wife Sangita (35), their children Prithviraj (12) and Rajnandini (10).
One more person, on another motorcycle, was injured in the mishap, police said, adding that truck driver Rupesh Yadav (30) was arrested under relevant sections of the IPC.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Ashes 2019: Steve Waugh Wowed by Deceptive Archer's 'X-factor'
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Camera That Clicked San Francisco’s Fog Enveloped Golden Gate Bridge is Shutting Down