Couple Injured in J&K's Rajouri as Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again
Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing which was retaliated by the Indian Army and the cross-border firing lasted for a brief period.
Image for representation (Image: Reuters)
Jammu: A couple was injured Saturday in Pakistani firing along the Line of Control (LoC) in Jammu and Kashmir's Rajouri district, officials said.
Sanjeev Kumar, 32, and his wife Rita Kumari, 28, were hit by bullets inside their house during unprovoked firing by Pakistan in the Kalal area of Nowshera sector around 2.30 am, they said.
The officials said both the injured were immediately evacuated to a hospital and their condition was stated to be stable.
Pakistani troops resorted to small arms firing which was retaliated by the Indian Army, they said, adding the cross-border firing lasted for a brief period.
The officials said there was no report of ceasefire violation from any other sector along the LoC in Rajouri and the nearby Poonch district.
Ten persons, including four security personnel, have been killed and nearly 45 others, mostly civilians, injured in the twin districts since India's preemptive air strike on a Jaish-e-Mohammad terror camp in Balakot on February 26 in response to the February 14 Pulwama terror attack that killed 40 CRPF personnel.
Pakistan army has also suffered heavy casualties in the retaliatory action with Indian Army on Thursday destroying seven Pakistani military posts.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sanya Malhotra Grooves to Ghungroo from War, Sets Dance Floor and Social Media on Fire
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Bigg Boss 13: Krushna Reacts to Siddharth's Comment on Sister Arti, Says How Can He Do This
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When