Court Extends Interim Protection For Chidambaram, Son Karti In Aircel-Maxis Case
The case relates to alleged irregularities in grant of Foreign Investment Promotion Board approval in the Aircel-Maxis deal.
File photo of Congress senior leader P Chidambaram (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Monday extended the interim protection from arrest granted to former Union minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti in Aircel-Maxis cases by CBI and ED until May 30.
Special Judge OP Saini extended the protection after senior advocate AM Singhvi, appearing for the Chidambarams and making a request in this regard.
The request by the advocate was made after Solicitor General Tushar Mehta, appearing for the agencies, sought more time to complete the probe.
The case relates to alleged irregularities in grant of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approval in the Aircel-Maxis deal.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Facebook Libra is Official, Even Though a Lot of The High Profile Partners Have Left
- Second Innings: Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh to Debut in Tamil Cinema
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz