Woman Alleges Rape, But BJP MP Claims Honey Trap. Delhi Court Steps In
A Delhi court has ordered city police to investigate allegations of rape against BJP MP KC Patel, who has alleged that he was “honey-trapped” by the woman.
New Delhi: A Delhi court has ordered city police to investigate allegations of rape against BJP MP KC Patel, who has alleged that he was “honey-trapped” by the woman.
The woman has accused Patel, a lawmaker from Gujarat’s Valsad constituency, of raping her at his official residence on March 3 when he invited her to dinner. She said she was raped on “several other occasions” and alleged that the Delhi Police had refused to file an FIR. She alleged that the MP had threatened her with dire consequences if she reported the rape.
These are all false allegations, I have full faith in law; will cooperate in the investigation: KC Patel, BJP MP on suspected honeytrap case pic.twitter.com/rRITI4RaVP
— ANI (@ANI_news) May 1, 2017
Patel has denied the allegations and said the woman and her “gang” had drugged him and filmed him in an objectionable position after he passed out. He reportedly said that the woman had demanded Rs 5 crore in exchange for not making the content public and threatened to file a false rape case if he refused.
The MP had then approached the police who filed an FIR under Section 384 (extortion) of the IPC, a report in the Times of India said.
The court on Monday sought an Action Taken report from the SHO of the North Avenue Police Station by May 12 and ordered the appointment of an investigating officer.
Recommended For You
- Pulwama Terror Attack: Javed Akhtar Replies to Imran Khan's 'There's No Evidence' Speech
- Milan Talkies Trailer: Tigmanshu Dhulia Returns to Hinterland, Takes Ali Fazal Along
- Is the Indian Government Set to Regulate Artificial Intelligence And Its Ethics?
- Alia Bhatt on Absence of Mahesh Bhatt in Her Life: I Didn't Miss Him Because I Really Didn't Have Him
- PM Narendra Modi Pushes Green Mobility in India: Electric Train, Buses and EV Policy for Cars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s