Court Summons Tihar Jail Officials After Michel Says He Lost 16 Kg
Christian Michel, the alleged middleman arrested in the AgustaWestland chopper scam complained of inmates defecating in the open in the prison and asking him to do so too.
File photo of AgustaWestland 'middleman' Christian Michel.
Noida: A Delhi court on Thursday summoned Tihar Jail authorities after Christian Michel, the alleged middleman arrested in the AgustaWestland chopper scam, accused jail officials of serving him boiled food which he said had made him lose 16 kg.
Special CBI judge Arvind Kumar summoned the jail authorities to appear in the court on Friday.
Michel said he had asked for European breakfast, which he said was declined. He added that he was being "treated like a monkey in a zoo".
Michel also complained of inmates defecating in the open in the prison and asking him to do so too.
And when he appealed for interim bail of seven days to celebrate Easter with his family, that request too was declined by the Special CBI judge, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- How a Wheelchair Taxi Service is Helping Specially-Abled Voters in Mumbai Reach Poll Booths
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Indian Government Procures Hyundai Kona Electric SUV for Senior Officials
- Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale: Your New OnePlus TV Could Cost as Low as Rs 53,069
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When