Cousin Rapes 3-year-old Girl in UP's Baghpat, Flees Spot After Leaving Her in 'Very Bad' Condition
The accused left the child in a 'very bad condition' and fled the village, they said, adding that the girl's family took her to a doctor who told them about the sexual assault.
Baghpat: A three-year-old girl was allegedly raped by her cousin in Uttar Pradesh's Baghpat district, police said on Saturday.
The girl was playing with her friends when the 24-year-old man took her to a secluded spot and allegedly raped her on Friday, Superintendent of Police Pratap Gopendra Yadav said.
The accused left the child in a "very bad condition" and fled the village, they said, adding that the girl's family took her to a doctor who told them about the sexual assault.
On the complaint of the victim's family, an FIR was lodged against the accused, who is the son of the victim's uncle, and efforts are on to nab him, Yadav said.
He said the man lived in Chandigarh and had come to the village five days ago.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Christian Eriksen Seals Transfer to Inter Milan as Tottenham Hotspur Sign Giovani Lo Celso on Permanent Deal
- PUBG Mobile: Best Weapons to Choose and Full List of Weapon Stats
- Priest from Hyderabad's 'Visa Temple' is Demanding Citizenship for the Deity Under CAA
- Journey to the Sun: New NASA-ESA Mission to Peek at Sun's Poles for the First Time
- Jadeja Takes a Cheeky Dig at Sanjay Manjrekar After His 'Player of the Match' Tweet