Cow Protection Movement Not Against Muslims, Christians: RSS
"Confusion is being created with regard to the cow protection movement. It is not directed against Muslims and Christians. It is linked to the pride of the nation. A communal colour is being given to it unnecessarily," Joshi said.
File photo of RSS general secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi.
Meerut: RSS general secretary Suresh Bhaiyyaji Joshi on Monday said the cow protection movement is not directed against Muslims and Christians and that it is being given a communal color "unnecessarily".
He said demands related to "caste, region and language cannot bring about a change in society but Hindutva can".
"Confusion is being created with regard to the cow protection movement. It is not directed against Muslims and Christians. It is linked to the pride of the nation. A communal colour is being given to it unnecessarily," Joshi said in Meerut.
"We need to make the people aware about those who spread canards about cow protection and fan tension by giving a communal color to such issues," he said.
Joshi also stressed the need to bring about a change in the mindset to check the menace of female infanticide, untouchability, dowry, pollution, etc.
"Enacting laws is not a solutions to such problems," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Taimur Accompanied Mommy Kareena Kapoor on 20-day Shoot for Laal Singh Chaddha in Punjab
- Acting, Sex are Like Bread and Butter, Says Kartik Aaryan
- Why Do We Need a Judiciary in Place When We Have Real-life 'Singhams'?
- Hyderabad Encounter: Petition Filed in NHRC Seeking Autopsy of Bodies of the Rape Accused
- 'Black Friday': Italian Newspaper Sparks Race Row With Front Page Headline on Lukaku, Smalling Clash