'Cow Smuggler' Killed While Being Chased by Police in Rajasthan's Alwar
According to police, the 35-year-old Aas Mohammed, a resident of Haryana, tried to flee by jumping off the vehicle, but got crushed under the same truck.
Experts said Mad Cow Disease outbreak in 1980s occurred because the diseased cattle were fed animal tissue. (Representative image)
Jaipur: A suspected cow smuggler was crushed to death under the wheels of a truck carrying bovines when he allegedly tried to flee the vehicle, which was being chased by police in Rajasthan's Alwar district, an official said on Monday.
"Police were chasing the truck yesterday(Sunday) when 35-year-old Aas Mohammed, a resident of Haryana, tried to flee by jumping off the vehicle, but got crushed under the same truck," Banwari Lal, station house officer at the Reni police station, said.
Out of the 23 cattle recovered, five were found dead and the rest shifted to a cow shelter nearby, Lal said.
Police are searching for the other alleged smugglers, who managed to escape. Mohammed's body was handed over to his family on Sunday after post-mortem examination, the SHO added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Miffed with Ranbir Kapoor's Tentative Film's Title Devil?
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Unidentified, Decomposed Body Found at Nagarjuna's Farmhouse in Telangana