CPM Worker Assailed by Group of Masked Men in Kerala's Kannur
A CPM worker, Suresh Babu, was attacked on Monday by a group of roughly ten people in Kerala's Kannur district.
Kannur: A CPM worker, Suresh Babu, was attacked on Monday by a group of roughly ten people in Kerala's Kannur district. Babu sustained severe injuries after being allegedly attacked with a sword. The CPM alleged that RSS-BJP workers were behind the attack.
Babu, an auto driver by profession, was waiting at an auto stand when the aforementioned group assailed him. According to news agency ANI, the assailants were wearing masks to avoid getting identified.
The police say that the attack could have been politically motivated, and they are trying to identify the suspected group. The CPM and RSS workers have been at loggerheads for years in the state, particularly in the Northern Kerala district of Kannur.
The clashes between the workers belonging to the two political outfits have erupted regularly in the past few years, claiming an almost equal number of people from both sides, according to an RTI.
With a population of 2.5 million and a literacy rate of 85%, Kannur is said to be the state’s most violent territory – more so with the advent of the RSS in the 1960s, according to this Firstpost series from November 2016.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- If Your iPhone Has a True Depth Camera, You Can Now Take 3D Selfies on Snapchat
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image