Crew Member of Ship Evacuated for Treatment in Mangaluru
The port authorities had received a distress message 'medical assistance required' from the master of MT Kriti Sfakia through their local agents at 10.45 AM on Sunday, a release from the port said.
Image for representation. (Representative image/newmangaloreport.gov.in)
Mangaluru: A 45-year-old Filipino crew member of a ship who suffered severe abdominal pain was evacuated for medical attention in Mangaluru with the New Mangalore Port authorities providing timely assistance.
The port authorities had received a distress message 'medical assistance required' from the master of MT Kriti Sfakia through their local agents at 10.45 AM yesterday, a release from the port said.
The vessel was coming from Singapore and headed to Iran.
The master of the ship informed that there was a medical emergency for a Filipino crew member Julious Clivete, who suffered from severe abdominal pain in lower right side, it said.
The port authorities responded to the distress call and arranged port pilot for medical evacuation inside the basin.
The patient was successfully evacuated using port craft and the crew was admitted to a private hospital here for treatment, the release said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Anushka Sharma Hails 'Crusader' Sunitha Krishnan for Helping Sex Trafficking Victims
- Rafael Nadal Gets Married to His Partner of 14 Years Xisco Perello
- A Twitter User is Offering to Comment 'Yikes' On Your Ex's Selfie for Just Rs 350
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- TRAI to Decide on Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Battle For How Long Your Phone Should Ring