Cricketer Suffers Chest Pain While Playing, Dies Later in Mumbai
The 24-year-old cricketer in Mumbai suffered chest pain while playing in a local tennis ball cricket tournament, after which, he was taken to the hospital.
Representative image. (Getty Image)
Mumbai: A 24-year-old cricketer suffered "chest pain" while playing in a local tennis ball cricket tournament and later died at a private hospital in suburban Bhandup, a doctor of the hospital said Tuesday.
The deceased was identified Vaibhav Kesarkar and the incident took place on December 23.
"He (Kesarkar) suffered chest pain while playing cricket and was brought to our hospital. Later, he suffered a cardiac arrest and was declared dead.
"His body was handed back to his family. It was a natural death," said Dr Satyen Bhavsar, who owns the Bhavsar Hospital where the cricketer was rushed to from the playground.
Quizzed when the man was brought to the hospital, Bhavsar said around noon.
It is learnt that Kesarkar used to regularly feature in local level tennis ball cricket tournaments
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sara Ali Khan's Bikini Pics from Sri Lankan Getaway Are Proof of Beachside Vacay Done Right
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- 'Total Entertainment': Ravi Shastri's 'Iconic Line' on Team's Philosophy Takes Twitter by Storm
- Top WhatsApp Features Arriving With Upcoming Updates For iOS and Android