CRPF Bus Damaged After Car Explosion on Jammu-Srinagar Highway
The incident occurred in Ramban's Banihal due to cylinder leak, an official said, adding that no terror links have been established.
Srinagar: A CRPF bus was damaged on Saturday after an explosion took place in a car on Jammu-Srinagar Highway. No casualties have been reported.
The incident occurred in Ramban's Banihal district due to cylinder leak, an official said, adding that no terror links have been established yet.
"Prima facie blast in the car seems to be a cylinder explosion, CRPF convoy was at a significant distance from explosion site, does not appear to be an attack," the news agency ANI quoted CRPF sources as saying.
The incident comes more than a month after the Pulwama attack, where a JeM terrorist rammed his explosive-laden vehicle into a paramilitary force bus, killing 40 CRPF personnel.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kareena Kapoor Awestruck by Kalki Koechlin's Six-month Pregnancy
- Hina Khan Slams People for Comparing Her and New 'Komolika' Aamna Sharif as Ekta Kapoor Weighs In
- There is a Strong Medical Case For Using Masks And Air Purifiers Against Pollution
- Google Pixel 4 Project Soli Radar is Why The Phone is Not Coming to India
- Redmi Note 8, Redmi Note 8 Pro Launched in India: Specs, Price and More