CRPF Jawan Injured in IED Blast in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur
The incident took place early morning near Tarrem village under Basaguda police station when a team of CRPF's 168th Battalion was out on an area domination operation.
Bijapur: A CRPF jawan was injured on Friday when a pressure bomb placed by naxals went off in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Bijapur district, police said.
The incident took place early morning near Tarrem village under Basaguda police station when a team of CRPF's 168th Battalion was out on an area domination operation, Bijapur Superintendent of Police Divyang Patel said. While the patrolling team was cordoning off a forest near Tarrem, 450 km from the state capital Raipur, a paramilitary jawan inadvertently stepped over the pressure IED connection triggering the blast that left him injured.
The injured constable Munna Kumar was shifted to a local hospital, Patel said, adding a combing operation was underway in the area.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Steve Harvey Goofed up Costume Winner at Miss Universe 2019 and Internet Had a Déjà Vu Moment
- 'Most Famous Refugee Family': Church Nativity Scene Shows Jesus, Mary & Joseph as Caged Immigrants
- Walmart Apologised for Putting up Christmas Sweaters Featuring Santa Doing Cocaine
- Ranbir Kapoor's Badtameez Dil Gets Sara Ali Khan Grooving, Watch Video
- I-League 2019-20: Mohun Bagan Condemned to Defeat at Home by Clinical Churchill Brothers