CRPF Jawan Injured in IED Blast Triggered by Naxals in Sukma
Constable Virendra Yadav was injured in the blast and airlifted to Raipur. He is said to be stable.
Raipur: A jawan of the Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) was injured in an IED blast carried out by Naxals in Chhattisgarh's insurgency-hit Sukma district on Thursday, police said.
The incident took place when a team of CRPF's 223rd battalion was out on anti-Naxal operation in a forested area under Jagargunda police station limits on Thursday afternoon, a local police official said.
While the team was cordoning off a patch of jungle near Chintabegu village, Naxals triggered the blast of an improvised explosive device (IED), he said. It was followed by an exchange of fire between the two sides before the Naxals fled into a dense part of the forest, he said.
Constable Virendra Yadav was injured in the blast. Reinforcement was rushed to the spot and Yadav was being airlifted to Raipur, the police official said, adding he was said to be out of danger.
A combing operation was underway in the area, he said. The security forces have intensified combing operations in the Naxal-affected Bastar region in view of next month's assembly polls.
Naxals recently put up posters and banners in parts of Bastar, calling for a boycott of elections.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Jennifer Lopez Feels 'Relaxed and Recharged' as She Shows Off Her Incredible Bikini Body
- Salman Khan Takes Care of Asim Riaz's Niece During Finale Shoot of Bigg Boss 13, Watch Video
- Watch: RPF Officers Hailed for Saving Two Passengers on the Same Day in Odisha and Mumbai
- PUBG Mobile 0.17.0 Update to Bring Sight For UZI, DBS Shotgun, Amusement Park and More
- Coronavirus Not Virus But an 'Avatar' to Punish Non-vegetarians: Hindu Mahasabha