CRPF Jawan Killed in Naxal Encounter in Chhattisgarh's Bijapur
The jawan belonged to the 151st battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force and this team along with the commando unit of the force, CoBRA, and the state police was out for an operation in the jungles.
New Delhi: A CRPF jawan was killed in an encounter with Naxals in Chhattisgarh on Thursday, officials said here.
The encounter took place in the Tonguda-Pamed area of Bijapur district at about 4 am, they said.
The jawan belonged to the 151st battalion of the Central Reserve Police Force and this team along with the commando unit of the force, CoBRA, and the state police was out for an operation in the jungles, the officials said.
Some Maoists are also suspected to have been killed in the exchange of fire and the security forces are combing the area, they said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lata Mangeshkar is 'Much Better' But Still in Hospital
- MTV India Launches Petition for Biryani Emoticon, Desi Foodies Think it's About Time
- Kriti Kharbanda Confirms Dating Pulkit Samrat, Says Wanted Parents to Know First
- Instagram Cracks Down on Ghosty, a Scary Stalking App For Android Phones
- WhatsApp Beta Tests Letting You Sign in on Multiple Devices; No Dark Mode Updates Yet