CRPF Officer Posted in Kashmir Kills Self With Service Weapon, Initial Probe Suggests Marital Issues
The officer hailed from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu and his body is being sent to his hometown. An enquiry into the alleged suicide incident has been ordered, officials said.
New Delhi: A 33-year-old Assistant Commandant of the CRPF posted in Kashmir allegedly committed suicide by shooting himself with his personal weapon, officials said on Saturday.
M Arvind of the 40th battalion was found dead at his residence in Sadar area of Anantnag on Friday evening, they said. He shot himself with his service weapon, the officials said.
Arvind had joined the Central Reserve Police Force as a direct-entry officer in 2014 and had joined his unit on August 14 after leave.
His wife joined him on August 20 at the place of his posting and initial probe reveals that the reason for the officer taking the extreme step is some marital issue.
"There is no foul play. There are some reports in social media attributing the incident due to bad living conditions, which is untrue," a senior official of the force said.
The officer hailed from Coimbatore in Tamil Nadu and his body is being sent to his hometown, the official said. An enquiry into the alleged suicide incident has been ordered, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Renault Kwid Electric Launched In China at Rs 6.22 Lakh, Gets 271Km Electric Range
- This is My Father's Money, Says KBC 11 Crorepati Sanoj Raj
- Denmark Buys 4 Elephants from Circus to Protect Their Rights and Welfare
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws
- Apple TV Plus Shows, Prices Compared with Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Zee5