Curfew Imposed in Rajasthan's Malpura Town After Communal Tensions Flare up Over Dussehra Procession
A Dussehra procession was moving on and some miscreants pelted it with stones. This led to commotion and effigy of Ravana could not be burnt.
Representative Image. (Image: Reuters)
Jaipur: Curfew was imposed in Malpura town of Rajasthan's Tonk district Tuesday morning following communal tension that broke out when some miscreants pelted stones at a Dussehra procession, police said.
A Dussehra procession was moving on and some miscreants pelted it with stones. This led to commotion and effigy of Ravana could not be burnt, they said. The incident happened Tuesday night, police said.
"The curfew was imposed in Malpura town this morning and additional policemen were deployed to maintain law and order," Superintendent of Police, Tonk, Adarsh Siddhu said. Members of the Hindu community staged a sit-in demanding the arrest of the miscreants, police said.
Siddhu said a man has been arrested in connection with the incident and efforts are on to nab the others. The effigy was burnt in the early hours by the municipality personnel, police said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Has Some New Features For iPhone Users And You Can Use Them Now
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Creating New Cop Image for Salman Khan's Eid 2020 Film a Challenge, Says Prabhudheva
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- All-New BMW 3-Series Test Drive Review: Performance in the Lap of Luxury