Cyclone 'Maha' Weakening but Likely to Cause Rains in Parts of Maharashtra Today, Says IMD
Madhya Maharashtra, Thane and Palghar districts will receive light to moderate showers on Thursday due to the cyclonic storm hovering in the Arabian sea, said the India Meteorological Department.
Image for representation. (Image: PTI)
Mumbai: Severe cyclonic storm 'Maha' is weakening, but it will cause light to moderate rains on Thursday in parts of Maharashtra, the MeT department said on Wednesday.
Madhya Maharashtra, Thane and Palghar districts will receive light to moderate showers on Thursday due to the cyclonic storm hovering in the Arabian sea, the India Meteorological Department (IMD) said.
"The severe cyclonic storm Maha is weakening but moving towards the coastal areas of Gujarat. Its impact will be in the form of light to moderate showers in Madhya Maharashtra as well as Thane and Palghar districts, it said.
"It will turn into a deep depression by Thursday morning, which means lessening of its severity, an IMD official said.
Meanwhile, Thane and Palghar district administrations have stepped up preparedness to deal with any eventuality in view of the cyclonic storm.
While the Palghar district administration had already ordered closure of educational institutions between November 6 and 8, the collector of Thane district directed officials on Wednesday to take a call depending upon situation.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rohit Sharma's One-Handed Stunner to Dismiss Mominul Haque Inspires Hilarious Memes
- TV Actress Gehana Vasisth Extremely Critical, Hospitalised After Long Shift Without Proper Nutrition
- Maurizio Sarri Confirms Cristiano Ronaldo Will Miss Juventus' Trip to Atalanta
- Kapil Sharma Gets Slammed for His 'Constant Derogatory Jibes' at Archana Puran Singh on His Show
- Get a FASTag For Your Car, Unless You Want to Pay More at Toll Plazas From December 1