Cyril Almeida's Name Will be Removed from ECL After Probe, Says Pak
The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
TV grab of Pakistani journalist Cyril Almeida's photo.
New Delhi: Life on an exit control list could be listless. But thank god for Twitter, which Dawn Journalist Cyril Almeida is using to communicate to the world outside. Pakistan’s Interior Minister
Chaudhry Nisar held a press conference in Islamabad this evening where he announced that an inquiry will be conducted into how Almeida got onto the ECL in the first place. The inquiry will take 3-4 days after which “everyone will be allowed to travel freely.”
Chaudhry Nisar said that had the government not grounded Almeida, they would have been blamed for letting him go because he had plans of traveling abroad. He also said that the Indian media was using the report to verify the Indian narrative of Pakistan’s dealings with non-state actors.
Meanwhile Almeida was active on Twitter the whole day.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Shraddha Kapoor Left in Tears After Hearing Her Brother Siddhant Sing
- Puma Has an Interactive Store Where You Can Also Get Your New Shoes Customized
- Disha Vakani's Husband Mayur Pandya on Actress' Return to Taarak Mehta Ka Ooltah Chashmah
- Reliance Jio, Airtel And Vodafone Idea Are Trolling Each Other on Social Media
- 'Respect Culture': Woman Arrested for Wearing Bikini That Was Too 'Revealing'