Daily Wage Patroller Dragged & Killed by Tiger at Corbett Reserve in Nainital
The big cat pounced on Bishan Ram (55) when the team was patrolling near Tun Bhuji in Dhikala Range of the reserve on Tuesday.
Image for representation.
Dehradun: A daily wager patrolling with a team of forest guards in the Corbett Tiger Reserve was dragged away and mauled to death by a tiger, an official said on Wednesday.
The big cat pounced on Bishan Ram (55) when the team was patrolling near Tun Bhuji in Dhikala Range of the reserve on Tuesday, Corbett Warden Shivraj Chand said. The tiger dragged Ram away and his half-eaten body was later recovered from the interiors of the forest, he added.
The recovery was difficult as the tiger had not left the spot when the patrol team sighted the body, Chand said. The forest guards fired in the air to scare away the animal, he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Meet Dipesh, 18-Year-Old Dancer from Bengal Who's Trying to Put India on World Ballet Map
- Nick Jonas Signalling I Love You to Priyanka Chopra is the Gold Standard for Romance
- HS Prannoy Trumps Lin Dan to Enter Round 3 of World Badminton Championships
- Xiaomi Redmi K20 Review: Is There Nothing Missing in This Brilliant Android Phone?
- Samsung Galaxy Note 10, Note 10+ Prices Start Rs 69,990: All The Launch Offers