Dalit Groom Denied Entry into Temple in MP Village, Minister Orders Probe
The marriage procession of the man, belonging to the Scheduled Caste community, was stopped on Thursday from entering a Hanuman temple in Biroda village, with staff there locking the doors.
Bhopal: A Dalit groom was allegedly prevented from entering temple in Burhanpur district of Madhya Pradesh, following which minister Tulsiram Silavat on Friday asked the district collector to initiate a probe.
The marriage procession of the man, belonging to the Scheduled Caste community, was stopped on Thursday from entering a Hanuman temple in Biroda village, with staff there locking the doors, an aide of the minister said.
The minister assured of stern action against the culprits.
District collector on the matter said that he has sent the officers to the village concerned and action would be taken on the basis of their fact finding.
Meanwhile, the police said it has prepared a list of households of families affected by such discrimination on several occasions but did not file a complaint.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Lisa Haydon Gives Another Fitness Inspiration with New Pictures of Her Baby Bump
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Earns Double of Panipat in First Weekend at Box Office
- Ramya Krishnan on Comparisons Between Queen and Kangana Ranaut's Thalaivi: Our Show will Release First
- Nike Joyride Dual Run Review: The Running Shoe Revolution is Truly Underway
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack