Daughter's Day 2019: Date, History, Significance and Why We Celebrate the Girl Child Today
While there isn't a concrete story behind the celebration of this day, it bears considerable significance in a society which often treats daughters as a burden.
Daughter's Day, a designated day to celebrate the importance of the girl child, will be observed on Sunday (September 22) this year in India.
While there isn't a concrete story behind the celebration of this day, it bears considerable significance in a society which often treats daughters as a burden. Issues like dowry, female infanticide and foeticide continue to crop up in places across the country.
Hence, this designated day serves as a reminder of the fact that daughters are an asset to our society and there should not be any patriarchal notions attached to their birth. In developed countries today, this day is just a pure celebration of the joy one gets from their daughters.
Families usually celebrate this day by telling/reminding daughters how important they are to them and how proud they have made them. So go out, treat your daughters and tell them how special they are.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Dabangg 3: Salman Khan Introduces Saiee Manjrekar with A Quirky Caption
- Disha Patani Shares Insta Story Featuring Tiger Shroff, Captions it 'Bhai Bhai'
- These Stairs from the Iconic Scene in 'Joker' Have Now Become a Popular Tourist Destination
- 'Bhag Bhag Aaya Sher': Cricket Fans Decode Virat Kohli’s Viral Expression During Ranchi Test
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Rs 222 Plan Vs. Airtel Rs 249 And Vodafone Rs 229 Recharge