Dawood Ibrahim's Aide Held for Getting Membership in Mumbai Cricket Association Through Forgery
The college administration, recently, found out that Bhati had fabricated certain documents using a fake seal and a fake stamp of the college, and it approached the crime branch.
File photo of Dawood Ibrahim Kaskar, the main accused in the 1993 serial bomb blasts case in Mumbai.
Mumbai: Riyaz Bhati, alleged aide of fugitive gangster Dawood Ibrahim, has been arrested for allegedly forging documents to get membership of a club of the Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), the police said Tuesday.
Bhati (52) allegedly forged documents of the city-based Wilson College to obtain membership of the MCA club located in Bandra-Kurla Complex, a police official said.
He became a member of the club in 2013, the official added.
Recently, the college administration found out that Bhati had fabricated certain documents using a fake seal and a fake stamp of the college, and it approached the crime branch.
The Anti-Extortion Cell of the crime branch arrested him Monday night from his house in suburban Versova and a local court remanded him in police custody till July 5.
Further probe is on.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nach Baliye 9: Shraddha Arya Says Judge Raveena Tandon wasn't Concentrating on Her Performance
- This 91-Year-Old Couple's 72nd Wedding Anniversary Photoshoot is Melting Hearts Online
- Here's How Alia Bhatt Reacted to Her and Ranbir Kapoor's Fake Viral Wedding Card
- BCCI President Has Not Spoken to Me on MS Dhoni: Virat Kohli
- NBA 2K20 Gameplay Will Unlock Limited Edition Nike Sneakers That You Can Buy