Dawood Ibrahim's Brother Iqbal Kaskar Detained in Extortion Case
Former encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma, who just took charge of the Thane Anti-Extortion Cell earlier this month, led the raid to nab Kaskar.
Mumbai: Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's younger brother Iqbal Kaskar was detained by Thane police from his Mumbai residence in connection with an extortion case on Monday.
He was nabbed from his sister Haseena Parker's house in Nagpada in Mumbai. Former encounter specialist Pradeep Sharma, who just took charge of the Thane Anti-Extortion Cell earlier this month, led the raid to nab Kaskar.
According to media reports, the AEC had been keeping tabs on Kaskar for the past few weeks, ever since his name cropped up in an investigation after a builder filed a police complaint.
According to the police, Kaskar had made extortion calls to a local builder demanding houses. “Kaskar had taken four flats from the builder and was demanding more,” a police official told Firstpost.
Kaskar will be produced in Thane court on Tuesday, police said. Officials said that two builders are also on their radar in the case.
This is not the first time that Kaskar has fallen foul of the law. He was deported to India from United Arab Emirates in 2003 as he was wanted in a murder case and an illegal construction case. However, he was acquitted in both the cases in 2007. He was again arrested in February 2015 in an extortion case, but was released on bail.
Recommended For You
- Hrithik Roshan's Cousin Says Sunaina is 'Vulnerable,' Asks People to 'Not Act as Vultures'
- ICC World Cup 2019: Kuldeep & Chahal Have Worked Well for India: Harbhajan
- Renault Triber Unveiled in India, Gets 7 Seats and a Modular Cabin
- Bharat Box Office Collection Day 14: Salman Khan, Katrina Kaif Film Earns Rs 201.86 Crore
- Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency is Already Facing A Global Financial And Regulatory Pushback
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s