Day After Attack on Army in Pulwama, Militants Hurl Grenade at Police Station; 3 Critical Among 10 Injured
Three people have been injured critically and have been rushed to Srinagar for specialised treatment.
Srinagar: At least 10 people were injured in a grenade blast in Jammu and Kashmir's Pulwama town on Tuesday, police said.
Police sources said militants hurled a grenade at Pulwama police station, but it exploded outside the compound wall, injuring 10 people, three of them critically.
"Three critically injured civilians have been shifted to hospital in Srinagar for specialised treatment. The area has been surrounded for searches," a police source said.
The attack comes a day after militants targeted an Army convoy with an IED in Pulwama in which 18 soldiers were injured. The injured were rushed to an army hospital in Srinagar where two soldiers succumbed to injuries on Tuesday morning.
(With IANS inputs)
Support the daily wage earners who have been hit the hardest by the COVID-19 crisis. Click here to contribute to the cause. #IndiaGives
The daily News18 Coronavirus COVID-19 newsletter - Get your copy here.
Recommended For You
- Sunil Grover Shares Photoshopped Pic of His Characters with Mask During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Kareena Kapoor Shares Taimur's Drawing During Quarantine, Calls Him in-House Picasso
- Akshay Kumar Drives Twinkle Khanna to Hospital Through Deserted Roads, Watch Video
- PM CARES Relief Fund: Here is How You Can Contribute to Combat The COVID Pandemic
- Keep Your Child Engaged during Lockdown by Availing Google’s 3D Animal Feature, Here's How