Day Ahead of First Phase, Police Seize Rs 1 Crore from BMW Car in Delhi
Police have intensified patrolling in several intersections across the national capital in view of the Lok Sabha polls.
New Delhi: The Delhi police have seized Rs one crore in cash from a BMW car in southwest Delhi's Vasant Vihar, officials said on Wednesday.
Police said in view of the Lok Sabha elections, they have intensified patrolling in several intersections across the national capital.
"On Tuesday, a police team was deputed at a picket near a church on Poorvi Marg in Vasant Nagar area to check vehicles carrying cash and other prohibited articles in view of the forthcoming elections.
"During checking, they randomly stopped a BMW car and found cash amounting Rs one crore in it," Devender Arya, Deputy Commissioner of Police (southwest) said.
Other agencies including the income tax department have been informed about the seizure, he added.
The Lok Sabha polls, conducted in seven phases, will begin on April 11 and continue till May 19. Delhi will vote on May 12 and the overall results will be declared on May 23.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Zareen Khan Recounts Casting Couch Horror, Says Director Asked Her to 'Rehearse Kissing Scene'
- 33,000 People Want Oxford Dictionary to Change its Definition of 'Woman'. Here's Why.
- Want a 1Gbps Broadband Connection For Your Home? That Will be Rs 1,549 Onwards
- Here is How Much The Apple iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro And iPhone 11 Pro Max Will Cost
- Priyanka Chopra Admits Having a Baby With Nick Jonas is on Her 'To-Do-List'