- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
DCW Chief Swati Maliwal Writes Open Letter to Citizens on Nirbhaya Gangrape Anniversary
Delhi Commission For Women chief Swati Maliwal highlighted how the situation in the country regarding women's safety has not changed yet.
File photo of DCW chief Swati Maliwal.
New Delhi: Delhi Commission For Women chief Swati Maliwal on Monday wrote an open letter to the country's citizens on the seventh anniversary of the Nirbhaya gangrape.
She highlighted how the situation in the country regarding women's safety has not changed yet.
BREAKINGदिल्ली महिला आयोग की अध्यक्षा स्वाति मालीवाल ने निर्भया की 7वीं बरसी पर देशवासियों को लिखा खुला पत्र pic.twitter.com/hQfMrmbV0Z— Delhi Commission for Women - DCW (@DCWDelhi) December 16, 2019
She was on a hunger strike for 13 days to demand capital punishment for rapists. She was hospitalised on Sunday after her condition deteriorated.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win
- MG ZS EV Undercuts Hyundai Kona Electric SUV by Rs 2.83 Lakh in India
- Is Aishwarya Rai Pregnant? Fans Wonder After Abhishek Bachchan Promises 'Surprise'
- Twitter Brings Tricolor India Gate Emoji to Mark 71st Republic Day
- Nancy Drew to Die on 90th Anniversary, but Hardy Boys Will Solve the Murder. Wait, What?