Bengal Labourer Injured in Kulgam Attack Recovering From Injuries
Five migrant labourers from West Bengal's Murshidabad were shot dead by terrorists in Kulgam district on Tuesday.
Image for representation only. (PTI Photo)
Srinagar: A labourer injured in the terror attack in south Kashmir's Kulgam district in which five persons were killed is recovering from his injuries at a hospital here, police said on Wednesday.
News agency PTI had earlier quoted a police officer saying the labourer had succumbed to his injuries. Five migrant labourers from West Bengal were shot dead by terrorists in Kulgam district on Tuesday.
All the men hailed from Murshidabad district of West Bengal, the police said.
The attack happened at a time when a delegation of parliamentarians from the European Union is in Kashmir to talk to locals and ask them about their experience after the abrogation of Jammu and Kashmir's special status under Article 370 of the Constitution.
(With PTI inputs)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Not Speaking to My Mother Was Tough: Real Kashmir FC Defender as Valley Lockdown Completes 100 Days
- Tesla Unveils First Made-in-China Model 3 Sedan From Gigafactory 3 in Shanghai
- Aamir Khan-Kareena Kapoor Party with Lal Singh Chaddha Team, See Pics
- Homophobic India? Survey Finds 56 Percent Respondents Would Refuse Organ from LGBTQ Donor
- WhatsApp is Killing The Battery on Android Phones, OnePlus Phones Seem Worst Hit