Death Toll in Wall Collapse at Mumbai's Malad Touches 31
The incident happened at 2 am on July 2 when a compound wall in Malad East's Pimpripada area collapsed, trapping the people living in shanties adjacent to the wall, under the debris.
The site of wall collapse in Malad.
Mumbai: The death toll in the July 2 wall collapse in Pimpripada area of Malad East touched 31 Saturday with the death of 50-year-old Basanti Kishor Sharma in civic- run Cooper Hospital, an official said.
She was one of the over 90 people who were injured in the incident, the official added. The state government had announced a compensation of Rs 5 lakh to the kin of the deceased and had also asked the BMC to give an equal amount.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- The Royal Enfield Twin Endurance Render Puts All The Right Ideas Into Our Heads
- Netflix Teases Breaking Bad Film 'El Camino' Sans Bryan Cranston, Aaron Paul
- Amitabh Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan Share Condolences After Arun Jaitley Passes Away
- Scarlett Johansson Tops Forbes List of the Highest-paid Actresses
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990