Decomposed Body of Afghan National Found in Delhi's Lajpat Nagar
No apparent injury was found on the body. The house also seemed in normal condition, police said. The body has been sent to AIIMS mortuary and the Afghan embassy has been informed about the matter.
Image for Representation. (Reuters)
New Delhi: The decomposed body of an Afghan national was found at his rented flat in southeast Delhi's Lajpat Nagar.
The deceased has been identified as 33-year-old Sultani Naseer, they said. On December 13, one Gurpreet informed the Lajpat Nagar police station that his tenant died at his house, police said on Saturday.
On reaching the spot, police found that the man was lying dead on a sofa and the body was in a decomposed condition, Chinmoy Biswal, Deputy Commissioner of police (southeast), said. Police suspect that the victim may have died some five to six days ago, he said.
No apparent injury was found on the body. The house also seemed in normal condition, he said. On investigation, the police learnt that the house was taken on rent by one Abdul Rehman Noori, an Afghan national. He had been residing there since November 23.
The officer said on December 6, Sultani joined Noori. The body has been sent to AIIMS mortuary and the Afghan embassy has been informed about the matter, police added.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Woman Sets Apartment on Fire While Trying to Burn Love Letter from Her Ex
- After Burning it Out at The Gym, Disha Patani Slays the Dance Floor with Killer Moves
- Google For India: Understanding Google Pay Virtual Tokenized Cards For Secure Payments
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image