Defence Min Approves Procurement of Military Equipment Worth Rs 9,100 Crore
The Defence Acquisition Council also approved the design and development of test equipment for guided weapons systems for T90 tanks.
Indian Army's T-90 Bhishma tanks (front) can be seen during the Republic Day parade in New Delhi.
New Delhi: The Defence Ministry Tuesday accorded approval for procurement of military equipment and weapons worth Rs 9,100 crore, officials said.
The procurement will include two regiments of Aakash missile systems, they said.
The acquisition proposals were approved by the Defence Acquisition Council (DAC), the Defence Ministry's highest decision making body on procurement.
The DAC also approved the design and development of test equipment for guided weapons systems for T90 tanks.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Couple Find Their Woodstock Photo 50 Years after Iconic Festival
- Jio Effect: Hathway 100Mbps Plan Priced at Rs 699, Play Box Android TV Box Available at Rs 899
- Anushka Sharma's Gorgeous 'Sun-kissed' Pic Gets Most Romantic Comment from Virat Kohli
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- PV Sindhu Chases Elusive Gold at BWF World Championships