Delhi ACB Lodges FIR in DJB Scam; Kejriwal, Sheila May Be Questioned
The probe comes at a time reports suggested that Sheila Dikshit could be Congress party's poll in-charge in Punjab.
Delhi: Delhi's Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) on Monday lodged an FIR in the water tanker scam and could examine Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal and Congress leader Sheila Dikshit.
This comes nearly a year after a fact-finding committee of the government indicted former Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit of wrongdoing and causing a loss of Rs 400 crore to the national exchequer. Congress leaders said they are ready to face any probe.
The Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) government sat on the report for nearly a year before Water Minister Kapil Mishra forwarded it to the Delhi Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung asking him to get it probed either by the CBI or Delhi's ACB.
Sheila had earlier said, "The allegations are politically motivated. It was not my decision to procure the water tankers. It was a collective decision by a board comprising DJB CEO, engineers and experts. A BJP MLA and two municipal councilors were also part of the decision making process."
The probe comes at a time reports suggested that Dikshit could be Congress party's poll in-charge in Punjab or its chief ministerial candidate in Uttar Pradesh.
Recommended For You
- Parmanu Movie Review: John Abraham Starrer is Too Bollywood to be a "True Events" Story
- Five European Cup Dynasties for Real Madrid to Match
- Sanju Poster: Meet Sonam Kapoor as First Character From Sanjay Dutt's Crazy Romantic Life
- Harvey Weinstein Expected to 'Surrender' to New York Authorities Today
- Argentine Nicolas Kicker Faces Lifetime Ban for Match-fixing