Delhi Agencies on Alert as Yamuna Continues to Flow Near Warning Level
The Delhi agencies are closely monitoring the situation and preparations are being made to deal with the flood-like situation.
New Delhi: With the Yamuna flowing near the warning level, Delhi agencies are closely monitoring the situation to deal with any possible flooding, an official said on Saturday.
According to the official, at around 4 pm on Saturday, Yamuna's water level reached 203.27 metres, slightly below the warning level of 204.5 metres.
The official said that at 10 am, over 21,000 cusecs water was released from Hathani Kund Barrage in Haryana. Besides, around 17,000 cusecs water was also released from the barrage.
"We have been closely monitoring the water level of Yamuna. Preparations are being made to deal with flood-like situation," the official said.
In July last year, traffic movement on Old Yamuna Bridge in Delhi had been closed for a few days after the water level breached the danger mark. Last year, Yamuna's water level had reached 205.5 metres.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Aamir Khan's Daughter Ira Khan Shares Saturday Night Expectation vs Reality Post
- Tom Hiddleston Reveals Chris Hemsworth Punched Him While Filming The Avengers
- Happy Daughter’s Day 2019: Meet the Famous Father-Daughter Duo of Bollywood
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update