Delhi Air Hostess Jumps Off Terrace, Family Alleges Dowry Harassment
Anisiya Batra was in her 40s and worked with a German airline. She allegedly jumped from the terrace of her house on Friday.
New Delhi: A female flight attendant allegedly committed suicide after jumping from the terrace of her residence in south Delhi's Hauz Khas.
Anisiya Batra was in her 40s and worked with a German airline. She allegedly jumped from the terrace of her house on Friday, police said.
Her husband rushed her to a nearby hospital, where she was declared brought dead. Her family alleged that she was harassed for dowry.
The woman had been married for over two years and used to live with her husband in Hauz Khas.
Before jumping off the terrace, Anisiya had sent a message to her husband that she would kill herself, police said.
Her husband, a software engineer in Gurgaon, told police that they had regular fights as there were "compatibility issues".
The had an argument on Friday as well, following which Anisiya jumped from the terrace, police said.
Police have registered a case and are questioning the husband and his family members.
Recommended For You
- Farewell, Sheila Dikshit: PM Modi, Congress Leaders Bid Adieu To Former Delhi CM
- With Phase 4 Films, Marvel Cinematic Universe is Set to Rule Another Decade in Filmmaking
- Dyson Pure Cool Me Review: The Clean Air You Should Have, And The Peace of Mind Which Follows
- MCU Phase 4 Films Unveiled, Priyanka Chopra Draws Criticism After Pics of Her Smoking Go Viral
- Carey Hopes Steve Waugh’s Presence Helps Transition to Red-ball Cricket